The objects of the towing service are large and small vehicles, buses and trucks. The service does not include vehicle repairing and refilling fuel and water.
- Please check whether the tow truck is authorized with Freeway (Expressway) Bureau first. The tow trucks are yellow and marked in “Commissioned by Freeway Bureau” or “Commissioned on Expressway” in black (as show on image 1). An identification certificate (as image 2) is attached on the windshield, service staff members all wear company uniforms and have ID cards for the towing services they provide. (as shown on image 3).
- Please read in advance the “Expressway Small Vehicle Towing Service Contract Triplicate Form” or “Expressway Large Vehicle Towing Service Contract Triplicate Form”. The fee standard of the towing service is published on the back side of the triplicate form. Please sign on the column of “Signature from the vehicle owner and driver” after you read and verify the recorded information (including towing company, vehicle, and service staff) and confirm no error before agreeing the towing operation.
- The towing service fees for small vehicles contain three items, including “towing fee”, “waiting fee”, and “handling charge”. The towing service fees for large vehicles include “towing fee”, “waiting fee”, and “charges of other service items”. The vehicle owner or the driver shall ask the service staff fill out the fee according to the actual situation to avoid any argument.
- The vehicle owner or the driver shall define the location for the towing service and contract with the repair centers themselves in order to maintain their rights.
- In order to cooperate with the regulation off no passenger shall be carried on the towed vehicle, Directorate General of Highways has announced “vehicles that pick up passengers on the towed vehicle can temporarily stop at the shoulder on freeway or expressway to pick up the passengers and drive away as soon as possible. It will not be limited by Article 12-1 and Article 22 of Traffic Control Regulations on Freeway and Expressway”. Please note that road users shall inform their relatives or friends to pick them up or contact taxi to provide the service. If road users do not have relevant contact information, please call Police Command and Control Center at 110 or our services hotline at 0800231035 and request for the contact number of taxi company. When waiting to be picked up, road users shall get off the car and wait in a safe place. Additional item will be listed on the waiting fee, which is the charge for the waiting time the tow truck spends to wait for the passengers in the vehicle to be picked up.
- Please do request the vehicle owner’s receipt (the third form) from the towing service contract triplicate form and request “unified invoice” from the towing company as the evidence of future complaints or reports.
- When there is any overcharge or poor service, please submit relevant evidence to the maintenance office remarked on the triplicate form for reporting and complaint.
Image 1: The type of tow truck authorized with Freeway (Expressway) Bureau.
Image 2: The identification certificate for authorized tow truck on expressways.
Image 3: The ID card for service staff member of authorized tow trucks.
Update Unit：Traffic Manage Section (3200)View：161Update：110-07-01 16:59